Developed by the Amy Gillett Foundation and launched on 15 August 2007, Road-Right is the first program of its kind designed to heighten car learner driver awareness of bicyclists on Australian roads.
It also provides an innovative opportunity for accredited driving instructors to win monthly petrol vouchers to the value of $500 each.
When visiting the Road-Right Amy Gillet Foundation Safe Tegether website (www.amygillett.org.au) learner drivers will be asked a series of questions pertaining to cyclists and motorists sharing the road. If answered correctly, learner driver details will be placed in prize draws for instant, monthly and yearly prizes. These include:
- A Volvo C30 S car as the major prize (valued at $34,450 plus on road costs)
- Everlast gift vouchers (street wear fashion label) - two per year, to the value of $1,000 each
- Malvern Star bikes and Rosebank helmets - two per year, to the value of $1,000 each
- Oakley product packs - four per year, to the value of $500 each
- Hog's Breath Café vouchers –– two per year, to the value of $500 each
- BlueSkyFrog Bugz (ring tone, wallpapers) - 12,000 to be won instantly
Accredited driving instructors can also win! When learner drivers register online they will have the opportunity to provide the name and contact details of their accredited driving instructor. Each month the accredited instructor, with the highest number of nominations, will be in the running to win a $500 petrol voucher. That’s an opportunity for instructors to win $500 worth of fuel each month! Remember: learner drivers can enter the online competition as often as they like.
What should you do? Encourage your students to visit the Road-Right website (www.amygillett.org.au) and enter your name and contact details so they can nominate you. You will then be in the running to win the free fuel.
Most importantly, you will also be encouraging your students to visit an informative website with an important road safety message that will ultimately make them more aware of bicyclists sharing our roads.
Road-Right is supported by various State and Territory licensing authorities and by each of the Australian Driver Trainer Associations.
Any questions regarding this initiative should be directed to Donna Murphy, Amy Gillett Foundation on 03 9863 7041.